Today Inalca Spa is a consolidated company with strong growth prospects, characterized by a managerial approach to the market, which has been capable of making the company the leader in Italy in beef production and processing, and one of the main operators in this industrial sector in Europe.
1963 In 1963 Luigi Cremonini begins working in the meat sector and in 1966 founds the butchering company Inalca, laying the foundations for the development of the present-day Group through the acquisition of companies working in the food sector.
1976 While the company expands its activities in the meat sector by opening new production plants and with an increasingly industrial production scale, in 1976 it enters the charcuterie (cured meat) business, thus taking its first opportunity to diversify its activity into a neighbouring product market.
1999 Inalca Spa formalises the acquisition of Guardamiglio Carni Spa, the second largest private Italian operator in the beef and processed meat-based products sector, thus consolidating its position as market leader in Italy.
1999 Cremonini’s meat traceability system is the first in Italy to conform to the European food safety regulation 820/97.
1999 In Ospedaletto Lodigiano (Italy) Inalca Spa opens the largest plant in Europe for the production of beef and industrial-processed meat-based products.
With a total area of 377,000 m2 (60,000 of which are covered) and a slaughtering capacity of approximately 6,000 head of cattle per week, the Inalca Spa plant in Ospedaletto features technologically advanced production lines, thus guaranteeing excellent quality standards in full compliance with the rigorous hygiene and sanitary standards of the European Union.
2000 Inalca Spa acquires 51% of the capital of Frimo sam, an international trading network in the meat sector based in Montecarlo, from the brothers Fabio and Mirko Albisetti, who retain the remaining 49% and continue their business activities within the company. The Montecarlo company has been operating for more than 30 years in different countries throughout the world, and has sales offices in Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, France, Iran, Moldavia, Romania, Russia, South America and in the United States. The acquisition allows Inalca SpA to expand in foreign markets, especially those outside the European Union, and to accelerate the internationalisation of the business of processed meat-based products.
2002 Inalca Spa stipulates a company lease agreement with Real Food SpA in Rovereto di Cadeo near Piacenza, Italy, taking over the management of all of its activities. The contract, stipulated through Real Food 3 S.r.l, a company controlled 100% by Inalca Spa, includes an option of acquisition which can be exercised within the term of the contract.
Real Food Spa is the third-largest private Italian operator in the slaughtering, processing and sales of beef, operating mainly in the modern distribution channels.
2006 Inalca Spa is chosen by McDonald’s to produce and supply hamburgers in Russia.
The agreement includes the construction of a production plant in Moscow for the production of hamburgers for all McDonald’s restaurants throughout Russia, with an initial turnover of approximately 40 million Euros.
The production plant, whose completion is planned for the end of 2007, will be situated within the new Inalca Distribution Centre – currently under construction – and will have a production capacity of over 20,000 tons annually.